How to map a drive to the BMIISI RES server (bmiisi.chmcres.cchmc.org) in Windows 7 & Windows 10.
Download a PDF copy of this document: RESITHUB-MappingBMIISIWin-050618-1337-13.pdf
Getting Access to a Drive
- After being granted access to a drive, you must restart your computer before mapping a drive to it.
If you are denied access to a drive, please restart your computer and try mapping it again.
- Authorizers can grant access to users via the Permissions Manager.
Authorizers do not automatically have access, but they can grant access to themselves.
- The Permissions Manager can be accessed here: https://dp.research.cchmc.org/.
- Instructions on how to use Permissions Manager are here: https://confluence.research.cchmc.org/x/dgNcAw.
- In the “Map Network Drive” screen, enter \\bmiisi.chmcres.cchmc.org\SHARE_NAME -in this example, we are accessing the share “bmi_smb_”:
- Also, make sure to check “Connect using different credentials” and click the “Finish” button.
- In the “Windows Security” screen enter chmcres\XXXXXX, where XXXXXX is your CHMC user id. In this example, Jdoe2 is used for the user ID, so chmcres\Jdoe2 is entered. Enter your password and click “OK”.
- The share should now map.
Getting additional help
If there are still any issues after reading these instructions and any help is still needed please email email@example.com for further assistance.