How to map a drive to the BMIISI RES server (bmiisi.chmcres.cchmc.org) in Windows 7 & Windows 10.
Download a PDF copy of this document: RESITHUB-MappingBMIISIWin-240423-1559-862.pdf.
Getting Access to a Drive
- If access has not yet been requested for you, you can submit a request yourself in Permissions Manager. The submitted request will need to be approved by any one of the authorizers, who are automatically notified when you submit the request. When the authorizer has handled your request, you will be automatically notified via an email from Permissions Manager.
- After being granted access to a drive, you must restart your computer before mapping a drive to it. If you are denied access to a drive, please restart your computer and try mapping it again.
- Authorizers can grant access to users via the Permissions Manager. Authorizers do not automatically have access, but they can grant access to themselves.
- The Permissions Manager can be accessed here: https://dp.research.cchmc.org/.
- Instructions on how to use Permissions Manager are here: https://confluence.research.cchmc.org/x/dgNcAw.
- You must be connected to a CCHMC network to access a project drive.
- If you are on-site this means your computer is plugged-in with an ethernet cable or you are connected to the "chmc-bus" wireless. The "childrens-guest" wireless will not allow you to access project drives.
- If you are remote you must be connected to either the CORP VPN (connect.cchmc.org) or RES VPN (asa.research.cchmc.org). Both RDS6 and BMIISI project drives are accessible through either VPN.
- Right-click This PC on your desktop and select Map Network Drive. You can also right-click This PC in File Explorer or select Map Network Drive from the File Explorer "Computer" menu:
- The "Map Network Drive" window should appear. For the Drive field, select the letter you want to assign to the network folder you are mapping. In the Folder field, type or paste the address of the folder you would like to assign to the drive letter. Example:\\bmiisi.chmcres.cchmc.org\SHARE_NAME. In the screenshot below we are accessing the share “sasdata”:
- Check the box to "Reconnect at sign-in".
- Check the box to "Connect using different credentials” and then click the Finish button.
In the “Windows Security” window enter your User ID with the "chmcres\" prefix, then your password, and click the OK button. In this example, Jdoe2 is used for the user ID, so "chmcres\Jdoe2" is entered.
You must format your User ID as "chmcres\userid"
You must check the box to "Connect using different credentials" and your User ID must be formatted as "chmcres\userid", where "userid" is your CCHMC User ID.
- The drive is now mapped.
Getting additional help
If there are still any issues after reading these instructions and any help is still needed please email email@example.com for further assistance.