How to map a drive to the BMIISI RES server (bmiisi.chmcres.cchmc.org) in MacOS.
Download a PDF copy of this document: RESITHUB-MappingBMIISIMac-240423-1559-860.pdf.
Getting Access to a Drive
- If access has not yet been requested for you, you can submit a request yourself in Permissions Manager. The submitted request will need to be approved by any one of the authorizers, who are automatically notified when you submit the request. When the authorizer has handled your request, you will be automatically notified via an email from Permissions Manager.
- After being granted access to a drive, you must restart your computer before mapping a drive to it. If you are denied access to a drive, please restart your computer and try mapping it again.
- Authorizers can grant access to users via the Permissions Manager. Authorizers do not automatically have access, but they can grant access to themselves.
- The BMIISI Permissions Manager can be accessed here: https://dp.research.cchmc.org/.
- Instructions on how to use Permissions Manager are here: https://confluence.research.cchmc.org/x/dgNcAw.
- You must be connected to a CCHMC network to access a project drive.
- If you are on-site this means your computer is plugged-in with an ethernet cable or you are connected to the "chmc-bus" wireless. The "childrens-guest" wireless will not allow you to access project drives.
- If you are remote you must be connected to either the CORP VPN (connect.cchmc.org) or RES VPN (asa.research.cchmc.org). Both RDS6 and BMIISI project drives are accessible through either VPN.
- Open Finder, click Go from the Menu Bar, and choose Connect to Server.
- In the “Server Address” field type smb://bmiisi.chmcres.cchmc.org/SHARE_NAME. In this example we are accessing the share “sasdata”. Then click the Connect button:
If the login screen appears, enter your User ID with the "chmcres\" prefix. In this example, Jdoe2 is used for the User ID, so chmcres\Jdoe2 is entered. Then enter your password and click the Connect button:
You must include the "chmcres\" prefix before your CCHMC User ID when connecting to a BMIISI drive. Your login will fail if you do not include it.
- When the confirmation window appears, click the Connect button again.
- The drive contents will display.
Show Drive on Desktop
If you want the BMIISI Network drive to show on your desktop, open the Finder Preferences and check the box for "Hard disks".
Getting additional help
If there are still any issues after reading these instructions and any help is still needed please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.