How to map a drive to the BMIISI RES server (bmiisi.chmcres.cchmc.org) in OS X.
- After being granted access to a drive, you must restart your computer before mapping a drive to it.
If you are denied access to a drive, please restart your computer and try mapping it again.
- Authorizers can grant access to users via the Permissions Manager.
Authorizers do not automatically have access, but they can grant access to themselves.
- The BMIISI Permissions Manager can be accessed here: https://dp.research.cchmc.org/.
- Instructions on how to use Permissions Manager are here: https://confluence.research.cchmc.org/x/dgNcAw.
- Open Finder, click Go from the Menu Bar, and choose Connect to Server.
- In the “Server Address” field type smb://bmiisi.chmcres.cchmc.org/SHARE_NAME. In this example we are accessing the share “bmi_smb_”. Then click the Connect button:
- Your User ID needs to be formatted as chmcres\XXXXXX, where XXXXXX is your CHMC user id.
- If the login screen appears, enter your User ID with the "chmcres\" prefix. In this example, Jdoe2 is used for the User ID, so chmcres\Jdoe2 is entered. Then enter your password and click the Connect button:
- The share will now mount in Finder:
Getting additional help
If there are still any issues after reading these instructions and any help is still needed please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.