This is a copy of the email instructions users are sent when they renew their SAS license. You can update your SAS license in Software Center without performing a full re-install of the SAS software.
THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL ONLY WORK FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY RENEWED SAS (Desktop) OR SAS(Server).
IF YOU HAVE NOT RENEWED YOUR LICENSE YET, YOU MAY DO SO AT https://softrack.research.cchmc.org/software/.
WITHIN 3 DAYS (the amount of time it takes for your computer to check in with the software system fluctuates) OF YOUR REQUEST BEING LICENSED, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THE DIRECTIONS BELOW TO UPDATE YOUR LICENSE.
How do I update my SAS license?
Please make sure to follow all of the instructions below to renew the SAS license on your workstation.
Please note your system will need to be on the CCHMC network either directly connected or via VPN in order to perform the following instructions.
- Click the Start Menu icon
on your computer.
- Type software in the dialogue box.
- Then choose
- Put a check mark next to SAS 9.4 License Renewal for [DATE] from the available software and click INSTALL SELECTED.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to install the selected application. Click YES to continue.
- The system will evaluate the application, and begin the install. This could take a few minutes.
- Once the evaluation is complete, the install will begin.
- The install will run silently for a few minutes and when it is complete, your SAS license should be updated.
- The status should reflect Installed.
- To verify the expiration data on your license has been updated, you may run the code the below. The updated expiration data should reflect March 2020.
- To ensure your license is updated, please launch SAS. If you are no longer receiving a warning about license expiry the update was successful.
What if I have a computer that will not be on the CCHMC network until after the license expires?
The next time you power on your computer and login to the network here at Cincinnati Children's or connect remotely via VPN you may renew your SAS license manually via Software Center, using the directions provided above.
What if I have SAS installed on a VM (virtual machine), will it be updated too?
Unfortunately, these systems will need to be manually updated. The next time you power on your Mac and login to the network here at Cincinnati Children's or connect remotely via VPN you may renew your SAS license manually via Software Center once you are logged into the Windows partition of your Mac, using the directions provided above.