Getting Access to a Drive
- If access has not yet been requested for you, you can submit a request yourself in Permissions Manager. The submitted request will need to be approved by any one of the authorizers, who are automatically notified when you submit the request. When the authorizer has handled your request, you will be automatically notified via an email from Permissions Manager.
- After being granted access to a drive, you must restart your computer before mapping a drive to it. If you are denied access to a drive, please restart your computer and try mapping it again.
- Authorizers can grant access to users via the Permissions Manager. Authorizers do not automatically have access, but they can grant access to themselves.
- The Permissions Manager can be accessed here: https://bmirdsdp.chmccorp.cchmc.org/dp/.
- Instructions on how to use Permissions Manager are here: https://confluence.research.cchmc.org/x/dgNcAw.
- You must be connected to a CCHMC network to access a project drive.
- If you are on-site this means your computer is plugged-in with an ethernet cable or you are connected to the "chmc-bus" wireless. The "childrens-guest" wireless will not allow you to access project drives.
- If you are remote you must be connected to either the CORP VPN (connect.cchmc.org) or RES VPN (asa.research.cchmc.org). Both RDS6 and BMIISI project drives are accessible through either VPN.
- Right-click This PC on your desktop and select Map Network Drive. You can also right-click This PC in File Explorer or select Map Network Drive from the File Explorer "Computer" menu:
- The "Map Network Drive" window should appear. For the Drive field, select the letter you want to assign to the network folder you're mapping. In the Folder field, type or paste the address of the folder you would like to map. For example, if you are mapping your division's shared folder on the Research Data Storage (RDS) system, you would probably select "G:" for the Drive and enter "\\rds6.cchmc.org\YourDivision-s" for the folder path. In the screenshot below we are using "\\rds6.chmccorp.cchmc.org\Cardio-S" for the folder path.
- Check the box to "Reconnect at sign-in" and click the Finish button.
If prompted for your network credentials in the "Windows Security" window, enter your CCHMC User ID and password.
Connecting from a Personal Computer
If you are mapping a drive on your personal computer, you will:
- need to be connected the VPN,
- and enter your User ID as "chmccorp\userid".
- The drive is now mapped.
Getting additional help
If there are still any issues after reading these instructions and any help is still needed, please email email@example.com or call the Service Desk at 636.4100 for further assistance.