How to map a drive to the RDS server (rds6.cchmc.org) in Windows 7 & Windows 10.
Download a PDF copy of this document: RESITHUB-MappingRDSWin-050618-1339-17.pdf
Getting Access to a Drive
- After being granted access to a drive, you must restart your computer before mapping a drive to it.
If you are denied access to a drive, please restart your computer and try mapping it again.
- Authorizers can grant access to users via the Permissions Manager.
Authorizers do not automatically have access, but they can grant access to themselves.
- The Permissions Manager can be accessed here: https://bmirdsdp.chmccorp.cchmc.org/dp/.
- Instructions on how to use Permissions Manager are here: https://confluence.research.cchmc.org/x/dgNcAw.
- Right-click My PC OR This PC on your desktop or in Windows File Explorer and select Map Network Drive:
- The Map Network Drive window should appear. For Drive, select the letter you want to assign to the network folder you're mapping. For example, if you are mapping your division's shared folder on the Research Data Storage (RDS) system, you would probably select "G".
- For "Folder", type or paste the address of the folder you would like to assign to the drive you selected in step 3. Example: \\rds6.cchmc.org\YourDivision-s:
- Make sure the Reconnect at logon checkbox is selected, and click the Finish button.
Getting additional help
If there are still any issues after reading these instructions and any help is still needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Service Desk at 636.4100 for further assistance.