When working off-site, you can use Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) to connect to a computer on-site that is turned on and connected to the CCHMC network. You can use these instructions to connect from a personal computer or from one CCHMC computer to another. You must be connected to the CORP VPN or RES VPN first.
- For Windows 7 go to the search box on the taskbar; for Windows 10 go to the magnifying glass icon on the bottom left in your system tray.
- Type Remote Desktop Connection
- Select Remote Desktop Connection from the list.
- In Remote Desktop Connection, type the asset tag of the CCHMC computer (ex. P18-1234, EW20-12345) in the Computer field
- Click Show Options
- Use the format below to enter your User name; you will need to replace userid with your CCHMC username.
- Click Connect
- Log in to your CCHMC computer using your CCHMC credentials.
- You may need to first download Microsoft Remote Desktop from the App Store. If unable to download, please contact the I.S. Service Desk at 513.636.4100 for assistance.
- Once downloaded, search for Remote Desktop in Finder
- Click on Microsoft Remote Desktop
- In the below window, click on + to add a new connection
- Click on Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- In the next window:
- for Connection name – enter My Work Desktop
- for PC name – enter the asset tag of your CCHMC desktop computer
- For User name (Domain\user) - use the format below; you will need to replace user with your CCHMC username.
- No need to enter a password. You will be prompted for a password whenever you start a remote connection
- To start the connection, just double click it.
There is no content with the specified labels