How to map a drive to the RDS server (rds6.cchmc.org) in OS X.
Download a PDF copy of this document: RESITHUB-MappingRDSMac-050618-1338-15.pdf
Getting Access to a Drive
- After being granted access to a drive, you must restart your computer before mapping a drive to it.
If you are denied access to a drive, please restart your computer and try mapping it again.
- Authorizers can grant access to users via the Permissions Manager.
Authorizers do not automatically have access, but they can grant access to themselves.
- The Permissions Manager can be accessed here: https://bmirdsdp.chmccorp.cchmc.org/dp/.
- Instructions on how to use Permissions Manager are here: https://confluence.research.cchmc.org/x/dgNcAw.
- Open the Finder if it is not open already.
- In the menu bar, click Go, then Connect To Server:
- In the "Server Address" field, type the address of the shared volume (or folder) you would like to mount, beginning with smb://. Then click the Connect button. For example, if you are mounting your division's shared volume (G: drive) on the Research Data Storage (RDS) system, you might type "smb://rds6.cchmc.org/yourDivision-s":
- Type the User ID and Password you use to login to the Cincinnati Children's network, and click the OK button:
- You should be connected to the location you typed in step 3, and a volume icon should appear on your desktop:
- To create an alias of the volume so that you can easily reconnect without repeating steps 1-4 above, select the volume icon, go to the Finder menu bar and click File, then choose Make Alias:
- A volume alias appears on your desktop, in the future, you can reconnect to the shared volume by double-clicking this alias:
- If you wish, rename the alias by clicking anywhere on the icon, then clicking the text beneath the icon. A textbox should appear, enabling you to modify the alias name:
- If you wish, drag the alias to the right side of the dock:
Getting additional help
If there are still any issues after reading these instructions and any help is still needed, please email email@example.com or call the Service Desk at 636.4100 for further assistance.