How to map a drive to the BMIISI RES server (bmiisi.chmcres.cchmc.org) in Windows 7 & Windows 10.
Download a PDF copy of this document: RESITHUB-MappingBMIISIWin-050618-1337-13.pdf
Getting Access to a Drive
- After being granted access to a drive, you must restart your computer before mapping a drive to it.
If you are denied access to a drive, please restart your computer and try mapping it again.
- Authorizers can grant access to users via the Permissions Manager.
Authorizers do not automatically have access, but they can grant access to themselves.
- The Permissions Manager can be accessed here: https://dp.research.cchmc.org/.
- Instructions on how to use Permissions Manager are here: https://confluence.research.cchmc.org/x/dgNcAw.
- Right-click My PC OR This PC and select Map Network Drive:
- The Map Network Drive window should appear. For Drive, select the letter you want to assign to the network folder you are mapping. For "Folder", type or paste the address of the folder you would like to assign to the drive letter. Example:\\bmiisi.chmcres.cchmc.org\SHARE_NAME. In the screenshot below we are accessing the share “bmi_smb_”:
- Select the Reconnect at logon checkbox.
- Also, make sure to check “Connect using different credentials” and then click the “Finish” button.
- Your User ID needs to be formatted as chmcres\XXXXXX, where XXXXXX is your CHMC user id.
- In the “Windows Security” screen enter your User ID with the "chmcres\" prefix. In this example, Jdoe2 is used for the user ID, so chmcres\Jdoe2 is entered. Enter your password and click “OK”.
- The share should now map.
Getting additional help
If there are still any issues after reading these instructions and any help is still needed please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.