- Right-click My PC OR This PC on your desktop or in Windows File Explorer and select Map Network Drive:
- The Map Network Drive window should appear. For Drive, select the letter you want to assign to the network folder you are mapping. For "Folder", type or paste the address of the folder you would like to assign to the drive letter. Example:\\bmiisi.chmcres.cchmc.org\SHARE_NAME. In the screenshot below we are accessing the share “bmi_smb_”:
- Select the Reconnect at logon checkbox.
- Also, make sure to check “Connect using different credentials” and then click the “Finish” button.
- Your User ID needs to be formatted as chmcres\XXXXXX, where XXXXXX is your CHMC user id.
- In the “Windows Security” screen enter your User ID with the "chmcres\" prefix. In this example, Jdoe2 is used for the user ID, so chmcres\Jdoe2 is entered. Enter your password and click “OK”.
- The share should now map.